counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Coincidences - really?

So I took a few days off last week for Church camp. Interesting time I had then, but won't talk about it until I get my pictures from my room mate. However, I will mention coincidences surrounding 2 people that have been a little freaky, if you will. The first being my room mate. Having signed up last minute for the camp, I was without a room mate and didn't fancy having to pay the entire double occupancy room rate by myself. So I made a call to the church office and a few days later, was rewarded with a room mate. She's not from our church, and her friend had backed out of the camp at the eleventh hour.

We met for the first time on the journey to the campsite in Kuala Lumpur and got to talking. Naturally, the conversation turned to her back-out friend. Apparently, that friend had a work emergency and had wanted to introduce my room mate, Allycia, to her small group leader during the camp. In fact, the small group leader had led worship last Sunday and Allycia managed to catch a glimpse of who he was. I blinked. MY small group leader led worship last sunday. A few probing questions revealed that her friend was actually someone new in MY small group, who was also coincidentally, an ex-colleague of mine! We both smiled and agreed that it was a neat coincidence.

When we reached church where coaches were waiting to drive us down to our hotel in KL, I introduced her to the rest of my small group and lo behold, another coincidence was at birth. Apparently the same last sunday, she had spotted one of our small group members running across the road to the cab queue she was in. As my small group friend was wearing a cross, and as it was near service time for our church, Allycia made a guess that my small group friend was making her way to the same church. She initiated a conversation, confirmed her guess and asked if they could share a cab. During the journey to church, they realised that they were both teachers, and Allycia was going to be interviewed for a teaching position in the same school that my small group friend was teaching in! And when they met again on that initial camp day to be related to another set of coincidences with me, the 3 of us were slightly "freaked out", if you may. So it was all coincidences? Really? Only God knows.

PS Our congregation consists of over 2000 members attending 3 different services on Sunday. So it is not an easy matter to bump into each other unless by appointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com