counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Second Coincidence

Coincidence subject No. 2 is of a more personal nature. So I met someone cute during camp. No, I will not reveal his name in case some of you out there know who I'm talking about. It was strange that I never noticed him in church before until camp. In fact, I even met him at a friend's granny's wake the week before and was formally introduced to him (ref: my first blog). It would be funny wouldn't it? If we ever got together and someone asked us where we met - "Oh, it was at a funeral. Lots of blankets. Good funeral. The deceased looked very peaceful...." !!

Anyway, I was only vaguely aware of his presence at camp, but it wasn't till we both landed on the same coach home that I became aware of his "cuteness" - in between my states of unconsciousness. I have this embarrassing ability to slip into deep REM slumber anytime, anywhere. While most of my friends are jealous and tell me I am lucky, I'm not entirely sure when I wake up from unsightly sleeping positions with unkempt hair and smudged eye make up in public. I pray a lot that I don't embarrass myself more by snoring.

Well, we managed to chat during one of our pit stops and found out he actually had an interesting sense of humor. Another bonus point goes to him for owning an APPLE laptop - He has taste too! ;)

I thought nothing more of that encounter (there will always be cute guys with a sense of humor) until a mutual girlfriend (who hasn't asked me out for almost a year - in fact who has only ever asked me out once before since we move in different social circles) messaged me and invited me for an opera this week. Marriage of Figaro. A sucker for arts and entertainment - I readily agreed to donate another 80 dollars for an evening of song and drama. Out of the usual curiousity I asked who else would be going. It was an interesting moment when I found out that he would be the only other person going for the opera besides my friend. It was then that I remembered she's actually his small group leader. I wonder if I'm being set up. I certainly hope not. After all, coincidences do exist don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com