counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Amazing Race in Asia

While it may be news to some that The Amazing Race has come to Asia, I'm sure not many know that our company is one of the main sponsors for the show. It is with some pride that AXN did not approach any of our competitors, but came straight to us for sponsorship. How is this information directly relevant to me? I've been asked by my brand manager who's participating in the sponsorship to be on her team. It is a joint collaboration between two cross functional departments, and all of us have been made to sign confidentiality agreements. It is only now that I can reveal our sponsorship of the event, as the press conference has been held.

If you watch AXN on the evening slots, you can catch the promotion for the program on eBuzz. It was from a long and tedious meeting on the details and promotion tie ups for this show with the AXN people & 2 media agencies (you can't possibly imagine the millions of branding & promotional opportunities on this show!!) that I returned home past 9 at night. After 2 days of waking up at 4.30 in the morning for dawn prayer and a long day of intensive meetings (4 today!), I am close to forgetting how to make my way home.

I look forward to bed, in preparation for my 7 am phone meeting tomorrow. I would have to forego dawn prayer for tomorrow morning, and am not too happy about it. However, the phone meeting is an important one, with a fantastic opportunity to move forward on one of my projects. It was made possible by my VP, so I'm not about to pass it up or try to change it.

Though the meeting was tedious, being involved in the AXN meeting was a great learning opportunity. One of the lessons learnt is what a brilliant man one of our top executives from the other department is. At every disclosure and detail of the race, he was first to jump on the advertising and promotional opportunities, and the first to come up with ingenuous ideas for saturating the screen with our logos and branding. Of course the other plus is being involved in such an exciting marketing endeavor. I am grateful for this chance at sneaking some glamour into my life - even if it IS robbing me of a life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com