counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Dawn Prayers

The first day I attended dawn prayer, it felt like any ordinary day without much incident. The miracle was that for someone like me - a diehard night owl who slept like a log - I had no problem waking up bright and alert when the alarm rang. And the fact that I wasn't even tired during the prayer meeting.

Well, it seemed like an ordinary day. The rest of the day were definitely not very ordinary. I stepped into my office to find an email from someone who is pretty high up on the management level. And, he was offering help with a project that was a whole nest bed of problems which I had no power to solve even if I had the expertise. However, it was a high priority for me that I should clear this nest bed and get the project up and running well. I have been hitting the wall for almost six months with minimal headway. Now, this email had the promise of setting up my project on entirely new (and proper!) parameters that could very possibly end up in success.

When a colleague brought the email to my attention, I had to reread it, and it took quite a while for the information to sink in. When you've been banging your head against a hard wall for a long time, and the wall gives way into a hole, you're unprepared for it as you're so used to bracing yourself to hit the wall. That was how I felt.

Another unexpected incident happened when i was in the middle of a meeting. My boss walks in and motions for me to go out for a word with her. This is the first time that she's done this (to me) and I was surprised. What transpired between us was even more surprising. Upon consultation with a 3rd party, she had set up a program management office with which she needed someone to help her run and manage in her absence. Someone who could also help develop communication plans for each of the different programs. Apparently she felt that I would be the person most suitable for that role. While her decision was sound (given my job role and experience), I was stunned that she was wiling to place so much trust on me as I have been barely confirmed in the job for 2 months.

I can't help but feel that some celestial power is at work behind these series of events. Coincidences again? The important thing is that not only do I feel empowered, but also that some higher being is watching over me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com