counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Double Accident

I wasn't able to attend dawn prayer this morning due to a phone meeting I scheduled at 7 in the morning. So I was keen to find out what the theme was today. An sms to my godbrother resulted in an email full of exclamation marks to me. Apparently, he managed to get a lift back to his office after prayer. But as it was raining heavily (traffic slows down and people make rash decisions), their vehicle took 2 hits - one from a motorcyclist and one from a cab. It resulted in him being late for work.

While the motorcyclist stopped and exchanged numbers with the driver giving my godbrother a lift, the cab simply raced off after hitting their vehicle on the window. They gave chase until Novena, where my godbrother alighted and knocked on the window of the cab driver who had to stop for a traffic light. He told the cab driver off and wanted to call the police. The cab driver, instead of being repentant, shouted back that they were the ones at fault instead. My godbrother promptly got the number of the passenger in the cab who had witnessed the accident and who concurred that it was the cabbie's fault.

if I had gone for dawn prayer with them, I would have been in the same vehicle as my godbrother since we both work a couple of blocks from each other too. And why did I arrange to have the phone meeting this morning instead of yesterday or tomorrow? I have no idea. Gut? Supernatural instinct? Maybe yet another coincidence...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com