counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Legend of Depp

Sunday was a good day for me. One of those days when everything turns out (almost) right. The day started with a lift to church from a funny guy friend with quite an impressive car model, a good read on my latest book while waiting for church service (which actually relaxed me!) and lunch with great fun, before drinks at City Hall.

Reluctant to end a good day, I decided to continue the fun by myself. I went to the gym for a workout that removed all the knots from my muscles and walked away feeling like I was invincible. Relaxed and a little gleeful at how good I felt, I decided to treat myself to an eye candy fix - Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom.

Yes, I went to watch Pirates of the Carribean 2. It was great fun. I lurve the girlie sashay that Johnny Depp puts on for the show, and how dashingly cute Orlando was. What made it even better was that the storytelling and stage makeup were really good with all the makings of a first rate movie.

The lone flaw to the day was that as I was making my way to the theatre, another male species of homo sapiens actually tried to pick me up again. He wanted to date me out for a movie while holding me up for one.... He was a lot more pleasant and not as aggressive as the last guy, but as I mentioned, I'm not very good at being picked up. I gracefully declined to pass my number to him, highlighted that I had to a movie to catch and promptly made my escape.

However, I must say that Johnny and Orlando more than made up for my solo trip to the movies. I'm SO looking forward to Pirates 3...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com