counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Little Freaked Out

It is mind boggling how a perfectly innocent stranger can suddenly be linked to your childhood. In my previous blog about meeting a cute guy at church camp, remember how I thought his small group leader was setting us up? Well, I now think it could be part of a higher conspiracy to freak me out. Some sort of celestial prank, even. To recap a little, after church camp, his small group leader invited me to join them at an opera some time back. As the date was around the corner and the tickets were not confirmed, (AND I still had that nagging feeling that I was being set up), I cancelled on the opera. After that, I bumped into him a couple of times in church and simply smiled politely (and guiltily).

Well, in support of this fantastic prayer wave that Singapore is currently experiencing after GDOP (all churches have come together and committed to set up a schedule to pray for Singapore 24x7 for 365 days starting July this year to June in 2007!), our church is taking over the roster this week. As such there is dawn prayer for working executives, and we take the time slot from 6-7.30am. Shuttle buses will then take us from church direct to 2 business districts after. Gratefully, one of them is where I work at.

Anyway, in making arrangements for the trip to church, I sent an sms to a guy friend who drives and is staying a couple of streets away from me. At the same time, I spoke to my (oh so adorable) god brother who also happens to stay in the same estate as myself, to organize a cab pool (Yes, I am a control freak). When my god brother came online on msn, we were finalising our cab pool (since my guy friend did not reply) and my god brother came back to me a few minutes later saying that there would be 3 of us cab pooling to church. Guess who the 3rd person is? You got it. That cute guy from camp. Did I mention that my god brother is from the same small group as him? That wasn't the surprising part.

My guy friend finally replied saying that he could pick me up, and whomever else that needed a ride. So I messaged my godbrother to tell him the good news. Since my guy friend did not know where the guy from camp stayed, I asked my godbrother who then told me the name of the street. That's when I freaked out. He's staying on the same street as my grandmother's old house, which is only a little way down my nanny's house. I SPENT MY CHILDHOOD THERE. HE COULD VERY WELL HAVE BEEN MY PLAYMATE WHEN I WAS YOUNG...

Ok. I'm going to bed. *shivers*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com