counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Pointy Shoes

Hush Puppies are my life savers. Why? I'm one of those gals who love totering on high heels just to feel pretty. I know, it doesn't make sense, but it does. So, I wear at least 3 inch high heels to work everyday. Some of my shoes are so high that I literally have to climb up onto them. The only shoes that allow me to wear heels for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week without pain, are hush puppies. I think whoever created them contributed tremendously to womankind. Its interesting that the Hush Puppies site let you choose shoes by TECHNOLOGY instead of style. Check it out.

Anyway, the subject of this blog is about this pair of classic black hush puppy shoes that I have. The unique feature of this pair of shoes is that it has a square tip with sharp corners. Well, I was wearing this particular pair of shoes in a meeting I had with 2 male colleagues. One of them is a really sweet, gentlemanly guy with a down to earth sense of humor. He is our team leader and we were sitting side by side discussing a communication plan for our project.

Halfway through the discussion, my feet got tired and so I crossed my left leg over and used the pointed tip of my shoe to anchor against the table leg. I didn't want it sticking out and accidentally kicking anyone when I swing round in my chair. I sometimes swing or bounce (discretely) on my chair when I'm in long meetings and get restless. After 15-20 minutes in this position, I suddenly felt the table leg - MOVE -

It was then that I realised I must have been resting my pointed shoe against the shin of my team leader. For some reason or other (shyness?), he must have not wanted to embarass me by bringing up the fact that my shoes were poking into him. However, at some point in time, it must have bothered him enough so that he had to move. I quickly apologised and was more surprised that he hadn't said anything than I was embarrassed. I made a comment that the edges of my shoes must have been poking him, and heard him mumble under his breath candidly, "yah, and quite painfully too". I must tell you that everytime I think back to that incident, I almost burst out laughing. In my experience, Australians are usually straight forward and candid, and would have made a joke out of it. I wonder if that day was one of those days he resented having to be a gentleman. *starts grinning again*.

On hind sight - I was really lucky. One other thing I do when I get restless is do ankle rotations to relax them. I wonder if I would have been suspended from work for sexual harrassment if that had happened....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com