counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Post Retrenchment

Many of us here in Asia still remember the difficult recession period that resulted in mass retrenchments from many corporations. It put a lot of people out of work and even world renowned Singapore Airlines put thousands of employees out of work through 3 rounds of retrenchments. We read in the papers of how fresh graduates, failing to find jobs, were resorting to setting up roadside hawker stalls selling food and snacks in order to earn a livelihood.

Since then, many of us who are lucky enough to still have our jobs re-evaluated our futures in the light of employable skills we had. Many of my friends in the advertising and Communications industry either went out and got a higher degree or moved to other professions that required specific skill sets that would make them marketable.

On a lighter note, ever wonder what other professions superheroes could take up if they ever get fired or retrenched from their work? Take a look.










1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

People thought that Superman would never lose his boyish grin and youthful figure ... they were wrong ... I did and am now in the field for employment more suitable to my age and stature. I saw the ad for Santa's job and believe that with my previous experience and skills (you have heard of me haven't you?) there is much I can bring to the role ... including a commitment not to wear my underpants on the outside! I am very keen to make a difference to the world at large and to have the "S" on my chest once again stand for something worthwhile ... like ... roofs, presents and the Santa Claus way (I can work on the slogan ... and I'd really like the hat!).

4:16 PM, July 09, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com