counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Monday, July 03, 2006

The Power of Relevancy

Football and World Cup was never a passion. In my entire life, I have never sat through an entire football match. No matter how hot the guys are. I'm quite clear that its brains on a guy that intrigue me. Brawn can be enticing, but how long the enchantment lasts depends on what comes out of his mouth. Anyhow, while my friends struggle through work with soccer induced insomnia, I wake up each morning refreshed, happy and mentally capable to forge through a tough day. My nonchalance toward soccer took a sudden turn this morning.

Gleeful to be attacking emails after 3 days away from the office, I quickly worked through each email like a player with a large rubber hammer, clobbering each pipsqueak as its head popped up from its hole. Well, I came to a 3 item corporate announcement and dutifully read through each. One announcement captured my attention. It was an article about Ronaldo, the brilliant player for the Brazil team. He's hot in a really cool way. Apparently our company is one of his sponsors. For inhouse publicity, they have created a 1 question quiz that would award the winner with a personally signed football from the said man himself. Suddenly I came under the fever. This person who secretly pitied her friends for missing out on the wonderful gift of slumber suddenly came under the spell of receiving something personal from a world famous STAR. I was hooked. I quickly submitted my answer and have since been visualising my prize all the way home.

So what grabbed me? Was it that my passion for football was suddenly awakened? No, I still do not envision myself sitting through an entire game of football. Was it the charm of Ronaldo? No, he is hot, but I have no access to his mind. So what is it? Its the idea that I have a very real chance of winning something that belongs to stardom. That is the superficiality of humankind.... sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com