counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Power of Telepathy

I went down to my Toa Payoh flat today to view the work in progress for my house. I must say that it was a stressful event. Choosing and envisioning how tiles look like on your floors and walls are entirely different from how they turn out - at least for me. I have a friend in the advertising industry who knew exactly what he wanted and how it would turn out. And it did. As for me, the vision that I saw in my head was much different from how it turned out looking in the end.

My contractor, a solid recommendation from a friend, was perplexed. He had never had a client like me. While others went for Zen, Modern, industrial, and even retro - I had to go for bohemian. Something that no one in Singapore had ever done. There wasn't even a single bohemian design book available in any bookstore in Singapore. I would know - I called up every single one fo them for 2 that I saw on Amazon. In the end, I had to order them from the States.

Those books gave him an idea of what a Bohemian house would look like. Even then, getting the tiles and materials needed for a bohemian house, was a big challenge. One that he both did not have the time, nor the concept to move forward with. What he could do, was plan my house for function and use and let me choose the cosmetics. My problem was that while I could see clearly in my head what I wanted, I couldn't send that mental image to him telepathically. As such now he had to redo a bathroom wall tiling for me at his cost, and I'm wondering if I should have the flooring of the other bathroom redone at my cost. Right now, I would love to be able to hook up a USB cable and mentally transfer the images in my mind to my contractor. They should really invent human beings that come inbuilt with bluetooth capability you know. Or somehow grow that telepathic gene in humans using what they learned from Dolly. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com