counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Scaring Ourselves I

Musings: Scaring myself

This post from a friend at work jogged my memory to 2 incidents at how we can scare ourselves. One was experienced by a friend (ref: Ms L) and the other by myself.

I was on MSN chatting with Ms L AND watching tele. As I have learned to "memorize" the keyboard based on hand positions, I have the ability to type without needing to look at the keyboard. While typing, I used my left hand to pick up a drink, then placed my left hand back on the keyboard in the wrong position and ended up sending her a message with gibberish. She immediately squealed and got all excited.

"Hey, how did you do that? The same thing happened to me you know, and up till today I still haven't figured it out. No matter how many times I typed, all my alphabets came out as numbers or symbols. I was SO freaked out."

I was too engrossed in the tele and simply told her that I had my left hand in the wrong position on the keyboard.

"Oh... but it really happened to me! And I was alone in the office. I was really freaked out and left the office."

I paused for a second, then absentmindedly told her that it must be because she had her number lock on.

"But I have my number lock on right now too! And the keyboard works fine."

I sighed. She was distracting me from CSI. ARGH. I asked her if she had a number keypad on the terminal she was using now.

She went, "hehe..."

I then commented that the keyboard on her work computer probably did not have a number keypad.

Her response? "hehe..."

She has yet to send me another message since that day. I think she's a little miffed that I emabarrassed her. As for me, I was glad to be left alone to my CSI after that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com