counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Age of Innocence

Ok, so this is a cliche heading. But there is no other title I have for this entry. While clubbing the green eyed monster till his teeth fell out and he skunked away, I started evaluating the (limited) styles of my writing. Then I got to wondering if my writing has changed over the years. I remember as a child, I used to write deep poems (compared to my shallow rantings these days). So I dug out my much treasured diaries.

While I haven't consistently journaled my days, there have been several periods of my life where I have journaled to help me sort things out, or just to write about a significant part of my life.

I started "journaling" when I was 12, when my best friend gave me a diary just before my birthday and made me promise to use it. So I did. Interestingly, my first entry had the green eyed monster in it as well. See if you can spot him.

"Dear Diary,

Today, Mrs. Kiat (my form teacher then) was as hot as fire with that d*** idiot Hong Yong. (Yes, I started swearing at the age of 12).

That stupid boy, Ronald bought a new bike (No, I wasn't too kind as a kid). And he has been showing off since then. He would ring his bicycle bell between me and my neighbour's house in order to lure our attention.

Yours Sincerely,
Ivy
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com