counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Astronomy Paintings from 19th Century


While I have limited understanding of the pictures as I am hardly an astronomer, the paintings of stars like Mars & Jupiter are surreal and beautiful in a weird sort of way. I can say the only time I truly enjoy the stars are when I see them on a cloudless night and can make out the form of Orion. After these drawings, I have to confess that my imagination is inspired at the "invisible life" that shows evidence of the great power working behind them.

I dream of the day when one can take a vacation in Mars or chill out at Jupiter, maybe even go for a Women's breakthrough camp at Venus? ;)

See the paintings here.

PS. Check out the paintings on the right hand column!! They're so cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com