counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Fart Dilemma

So my trip to bangkok has temporarily given me an embarrassing dilemma of sorts - to fart or not to fart. The spicy food there has given me a lot of gas, and on my first day back in Singapore, I had to hold it in in front of others and go to the toilet for relief.

However, as I was walking past a colleague's cubicle while talking to another colleague, I was taking long strides and lost concentration. The result was a short, fat, fart as I walked past my colleague's cubicle. I'm sure he must have been offended. Of all the colleagues on my floor, this male colleague was one that I had tension with. For some reason or other, I disliked him at first sight as he looked like someone who came from a rich family, and was a little stuck up. It didn't help that he was from global.

We started off on a misunderstanding as well, and I think he must have thought he had offended me in some way, which he did though it wasn't exactly justified. Anyways, it resulted in a tense and strange awkwardness between the 2 of us, and though there were opportunities to open up and be friends, we simply chose to put each other at arm's length.

It was under such a circumstance that I walked past his cubicle and let go of that untimely fart. He must have thought I did it on purpose as an expression of what I thought about him... Ok, ok, so I'm being sensitive. He shouldn't have been as petty as that. However, he was one of those you could tell came from a formal, upper class family with strict upbringing. The fact that someone farted in front of people is a display of bad manners and crudeness.

Well, there's no use crying over aired fart... I can only say that it was entirely without malice that I farted; It was a natural bodily chemical reaction. It was either fart or have my intestines explode at his cubicle. I did him a favor by choosing the lesser of the 2 evils...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com