counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rice and Rouge

My US colleague followed me back to Singapore to do some focus groups at our office. Since she was only here for a day and a half, I planned her only night out with some colleagues from Thailand and one from Australia.

We had dinner at a restaurant called "The Rice Table". It served all you can eat yummy Indonesian food, and the bill came up to S$20 per person. Not a bad deal at all! After dinner, we went out for drinks at this hip club called "Rouge" and found out a lot of interesting facts about my colleagues. It is interesting how 1 drink under a neutral setting can relax one and coax you into revealing your very personal thoughts.

The content of our conversations included a confession about having thoughts of divorce, how a banana indicated a mate for life, and how sometimes God lends a hand in putting 2 people together, even if they had to follow each other all over the globe to be together.

I had my apple martini (vanilla martini was a stretch for me as I hated vanilla anything) and was very happy to be part of the sharing that was happening without really contributing. It was a good night, not as high on the party level as our dinner for our Sales Director, but good in another way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com