counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Snaky Shoulders

Today I wore the 2nd piece of shawl that I bought and I admit that i felt good, different, classy. Nothing much had changed - I wore an outfit that was a typical attire that I usually wear to the office. Except that I wore a dark brown top, to complement my champagne colored shawl.

The beauty of this shawl lies in the hand sewn crystal snake amdist swarovski crystal flowers. I was a little deflated that not one of my colleagues noticed nor complimented me on the shawl. But then again, the only colleagues I met today were men. Not too observant creatures. That didn't dampen my mood too much as I still felt good with my new shawl, and even considered sending a text message to my new found friend, founder of Singapore shawls, at how good one of her designs was making me feel.

Unexpectedly, after the last scheduled meeting, a colleague from Public Affairs whom I work quite closely with on some projects walked into the meeting room. Apparently, my NZ colleague had scheduled a meeting with her about a Caring & Sharing program. It is a community project, and he wanted me to help him coordinate the people from the regional office in this global campaign. What is it with all these people who are flying everywhere and leaving me to tie up administrative / coordination work that requires someone to be grounded?? Sigh.

Anyhow, during the meeting, I noticed that she kept looking over my shoulder, distracting me. I was a little taken aback, and very surprised as this lady is an extremely professional and efficient lady. This was the first time I had seen her so visibly distracted. I couldn't figure out this strange new behaviour until I suddenly remembered that the crystal snake was resting just over the arch of my shoulders. When I realised this, I must say it closed a tough day very nicely. A wonderful breakthrough in the morning, closed by a pleasant surprise near the end of the day.

Tomorrow's going to be a harder day - when all the deliverables for MY stuff are due, especially since I spent the whole of today fussing over other people's stuff. And my meeting with the sales director won't be a cushy one. And then follows a long week. One day lost flying to Thailand, 2 days spent familiarising myself with the Thailand market, and a weekend spent shopping for furniture for my new home. I can see my timelines slipping into the land of no return.

Of course I can't let that happen. So to the grinding stone it will be. Gosh, is it my imagination or is my nose growing bigger???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com