counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Monday, September 04, 2006

All In A Day's Blog

It’s been a long and tiring, thankless day and all I wanted to do was go home. After 5 meetings in a row with my boss in a bad mood I’ve never seen her in, it certainly didn’t start off well. The meetings today caused further concern as a number of country timelines were slipping a little, and no one seemed to want to adhere to regional directives or brand guidelines.

So I decided to call it a day and take an easy ride home on a privately owned chartered bus that fetched me directly from home (almost from my doorstep!) to work and vice versa.

I was hit with another obstacle – a nasty accident on the expressway that covered two lanes. This caused a major jam and our vehicle ended up crawling inches on the highway and it seemed that we would spend the night in that bus!

Finally when the bus broke free of the jam and started speeding to make up for lost time, it started to rain. It seemed as if not just planet earth was unhappy, but that the gods were in a foul mood as well.

The one good thing that came out of the jam though, was that I finally had time to write for my blog. While I have happily watched my site stats jump from 54 to 207 over the weekend, today it stands at zero as I did not put in an entry for Sunday.

So a lesson learned – blog everyday even if it’s a couple of paragraphs. Even if you have nothing to say, there is always news out there that you can comment on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Okay, so you're blogging on the bus. But using what? Computer, PDA? When I try it, I find I'm constrained by not being able to put down words fast enough to keep up with my brain. Details please!

6:34 AM, September 05, 2006

 
Blogger Purple Sea Urchin said...

I was using my laptop. They finally gave me the new x60s IBM Thinkpad. Really fast, but serious docking problems. After all, it's the first model produced by Lenovo *rolls eyes*. Screen is not stable as well. It flickers everytime I start up.

7:54 AM, September 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com