counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Christmas Audition

I used to be a worship co-leader in my previous church. Worship was in my blood. I loved singing, played 2 instruments, and enjoyed the challenge and joy of jamming with a group of musicians while singing my heart out on a mike. I did that for 11 years. Since I joined the new church, I haven't been back in worship for over 3 years.

Today, I decided to take a small step toward an old dream. I went for an audition to sing in a Christmas musical. Apparently I passed with flying colors. I was told on the spot that I had passed, and was asked to go church on Sunday 2 hours before service for a briefing. Strangely, I felt very powerful after my audition. There was no dramatic emotional moment for me, but after the audition, I realised that something in my soul was starting to dance that I was getting back to what I loved to do, what was at the core of my being.

So what's the big deal? I'm just one out of 65 vocalists in a Christmas musical. I don't know, but it represents a milestone for me I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Great work! Although it would probably be an idea not to multitask during rehearsals. Musical directors can sometimes get a little peeved with that! (Although maybe it's just me - and my lack of ability to multitask successfully!)

3:37 PM, September 23, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com