counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Starfish Advertising

Earlier this week I decided to try a little "Starfish Advertising" on blogdom. Since I wanted to have some statistics in Google Analytics that I could analyse, I would need to get traffic first. I wanted to find out how many visitors were reading my blog, what they were reading, and what they liked/thought about some of the entries. In short, I wanted to know who my audience was.

So I followed some good advice from Blogger's and carried out a few steps to advertise this little starfish blog in the blog communities out there:

1. I registered my feather-starfish at Technorati.
2. I linked other blog sites that I liked to my "Links" list.

My ratings from Google Analytics jumped from "0" pageviews to 54 overnight. 79% of the traffic came from Technorati, 14% from Blogger, and other 7% were direct links:





It also discovered that most of the site visitors are Singaporeans and that I have 2 regular visitors! One of them must be you, Karen, the yellow dot down there at Sydney Australia! *waves*

These stats may not seem like much, but they are a start.





Finally, it tells me that I have 25 new, unique visitors to my site, and they all visited on Friday, the day I set up an account at Technorati:



Ready to register yet? It takes like 1 minute, and is free!

Register at Technorati
Sign up for Google Analytics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com