counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Friday, October 27, 2006

The Amazing Whyteboard Machine

The company I work for has hundreds of years of history. So you can imagine it retains tradition in quite a number of ways that they do things. I guess having worked in a software integration company and in Creative Technologies for a while, I am not used to moving from the forefront of technology to a place where technology supports other functions and is deemed as "optional", and avoided even.

However, there is this piece of technology that is simply amazing and fascinates me. It is found in some of the meeting rooms. Its a whyteboard. *Yawn* you say. Hold on - it is not just any ordinary whyteboard.

As I am revamping a site, I conducted a meeting with a colleague who is building the site for me. We were planning on the storyboard for the site, and I used The Whyteboard. We drew and discussed the layout of the home page, worked out the names of the links and and sections, the navigation pathways, and before you know it, a couple of hours had flown by and we were done.

All that was left to be done was to copy what was on the whyteboard onto paper. Where I would have picked up a pen and paper for an ordinary whyteboard, I pressed a button labeled "Print" on this whyteboard. There was a whirring sound, and the board slowly turned inside of the whyteboard, displaying a blank new writing space. Then this bar of light behind the whyteboard slowly scanned the back portion from left to right, as does a photocopier machine. Next you know, a piece of A4 sized paper appears from a slot at the bottom panel of the whyteboard the way paper does from a fax machine with the storyboard of our home page on it. All I had to do next was press the "Cut" button, and wallah! Our storyboard had been transferred to paper. Isn't it amazing? I now like to invite vendors to hold meetings in rooms with these Whyteboards. Watching their jaws drop has become a favourite past time of mine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com