counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Weird Twist of Fate

Our company employees have recently undergone our annual performance review. That includes me, of course. After the review with our bosses, they will then have a meeting where all employees on the same grade scale will be compared with their peers, and a performance score will be given to each employee based on bosses' recommendation of who should be deserving of a 1 (the top performing employee) to 3 (employees who have completely failed to complete all their designated tasks).

Well, today was that meeting for discussing group of employees of my employee grade level. Typically, my boss would be representing me, highlighting my achievements and tasks to compare with my peers, and recommend me for the grade score that I deserved. By a strange twist of fate, she is on medical leave from yesterday to 7 Feb, and has asked the person who has her delegation of authority to attend the meeting on her behalf, and to represent me. Usually, it would be our group operations manager. For some mind-boggling reason, she decided to delegate that task to none other than our company Prima Donna. It is too humiliating to think of her going through the list of my personal achievements and tasks, dragging out delayed timelimes and snickering over comments from my colleagues in areas of room for improvement. I can certainly imagine what satisfaction of sweet revenge she would have savoured this morning.

I never really understood the saying "the straw that broke the camel's back" as a straw seems too puny, and an exaggeration. I finally understood today the might of that straw.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com