counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Friday, March 16, 2007

New Strides

So I'm going for a small gathering today. The previous small group I was with had all signed up for a combined church training program with a schedule I was unable to commit to. As such, I was deployed to another small group where the average age group was 23. You can imagine I had a hard time fitting in, particularly since my life had been an eventful one.

So I haven't been there much. A friend from my old small group then recommended another small group that was just starting out to me - one that her best friend and pursuer was in. The said pusuer was the leader of the small group, and my friend was not interested. To allay her guilt for constant rejections to dinner, movies, flowers even, she introduced people to help out in his small group instead.

That was yesterday. Continuing this entry today, the gathering last night did me wonders. The host worked for a Dutch oil company, very hospitable, charming and talented. The new people I met there were more my age group, and you could tell that they all had eventful lives too as there is a certain toughness to them. My stress and panic attacks were considerably dispelled near the end of the night.

I rushed home at 10.30 pm to hook up with my financial planner where we connected via his server to start our quest together in Never Winter Nights. I started a new character profile as a Wizard with Transmutation spells. I am so powerful that all mind spells would not be able to affect me, and I have a "Disintegration" spell to blow people into smithereens at the flick of my hand. If you have seen Fantastic 4, you would know what I mean. How the Phoenix disintegrated everything into nothingness with no mess, no blood, no fuss...

How I wish I could export those abilities into real life. No mind spells of organization change and new boss highhandedness can affect me. And any time someone dares to mess with me, I will just disintegrate them into nothingness and there would be no evidence pointing toward me as the culprit for disappearing persons... *evil grin*

[Posted with hblogger 2.0 http://www.normsoft.com/hblogger/]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com