counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Soup Spoon Drama

So there's this really yum soup chain of outlets that I sometimes go to which serves as a sort of comfort food for me (especially on rainy days!). I love the Tangy Tomato with Basil and the Boston Clam Chowder is also a favourite - when I'm not watching my weight. In any case, I've spent quite a number of yumelicious lunch hours at their outlets, particularly the one just at the basement of our office building.

Until a few weeks ago, a friend of mine informed me of the fact that a murder happened there, a few months ago. I must have missed the news on that, and he went on to elaborate that the chef, who had serious work conflict issues with the restaurant manager, knifed him in the heart in a fit of anger and he died at the hospital almost immediately after the ambulance rushed him there. The chef was found guilty of manslaughter and sentenced to be hung. News was that they were supposed to have closed the branch at our office building after that.

This piece of information disappeared from my cognizant memories until when I saw my colleague in the next cubicle enjoying his lunch from The Soup Spoon. I recounted the story to him, and he - enjoying Beef Goulash - made a mock expression of horror and said "Gosh, this could possibly be human meat of the restaurant manager!!" Then he laughed at his own joke. Seeing him polish off the rest of the bloodish red beef goulash after that did not help the shiver that went down my spine... so call me chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com