counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Bad Fortune or Bad Cookie??

Part 1:

So last night I had a group of friends over at my place. The new renovations are in place, I just do not have my sofa, dining table and bookshelves in yet. But it was a cozy affair, and someone brought salad and lasagne. I had orange cake, and someone else brought eclairs and cherries for dessert. It was a great party, the jazz music was playing on my ipod speakers, and we talked about life, God, the most memorable presents we ever had, played draw and guess, etc.

It was a great evening, with fun and some really wonderful people. This of course put me in a good mood for today (not to mention that it is Friday!) and after having a really nice lunch at a Korean restaurant I accidentally stumbled into, I decided to take a bit of time from lunch to do some web reading.

The most recent entry of one of the blogs I read regularly was about fortune cookies. Following the links from that post, it led me to this site called badcookie.com. For a laugh, I decided to click for a new fortune today, and got this message:



It was hilarious. I wonder what my mates from last night would have to say about this?

Part 2:

The "fortune" I got was so hilarious that my curiousity got the better of me, and I clicked on the cookie again for another "reading". This is what I got:



I have a tripped planned to Tibet come early to mid August and will be spending my time there with a bunch of nomads living in tents. This will be out there in the open plains, with no bathrooms or toilets (Tibetans apparently bathe only once in their entire lifetime - when they are born, I think). We will be living in tents and drinking Butter milk and consuming yak meat, with no modern amenities whatsoever. This is a national geographic trip, my adventure trip... is it an omen???

Ok, so I'm not superstitious. I believe that they probably took the most common activities that people do and made up "bad fortune" for them as a joke. I mean, how often do you have people come over to your place, or have the urge to do something adventurous?? All the time is my guess. But still, it was fun - to a point. Now I'll just move on to my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com