counter hit xanga

Just a clueless starfish in the ocean of life, filtering the environment for morsels of food.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Google Buys YouTube.com for 1.65 Billion

Ok, so I know this piece of news is late. The press reported this on Oct 10. I saw it on Oct 10. But I only have time to blog about it now, and was reminded of it when catching up on my news. Yes, I'm supposed to be packing. I'm on my break. *grin*

Google seems to be buying over everything these days. Blogger.com and now YouTube. After the shock of Adobe buying over Macromedia, I guess nothing shocks me much anymore. Yes, it shocked me more than Lenovo buying over IBM. Seems like the big guys are choosing to conquer the competition by buying them over. Wonder if that will happen to MY company... *trying to wrap my head around that thought*

Well, as the saying goes, "If you can't beat them, BUY THEM OUT". And how does it relate to you, you ask? There is now a new Google Service called Google Video where you can browse and upload videos just as in YouTube. Convenient tool if you've got a gmail account - upload your video and email it to your gmail contact list.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web feather-starfish.blogspot.com